Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Old Year Passes

Here it is - only a week until Christmas and in 2, it will be the New Year!  It's just amazing to me how quickly the years fly by! I didn't think too much about the quickness until the kids started noticing it, too. When teenagers notice how fast time is going, it must be moving, indeed.
I got the presents wrapped and sent to the family away - well, for Ella and baby Aubrey who will make her appearance in early February. I made the neatest thing for Ella, a Ruprecht branch!  Instead of a stocking, she has birch branches with her treats glued to them. It was a tradition in Germany when I lived there. The branches were delivered on Dec. 6th - Nicholaustag.  Good little children got branches with candies and gifts and bad ones got coal and cotton on their branches. Of course, we know that all little children are good, right?  So, Ella got toys and candies on her branches.
I made her the cutest little purple monkey for her Christmas. It's so cute.  I hope she likes it.  Aubrey's sweater is a little big for a newborn, but they grow so fast, and in Colorado, you often need a sweater at any time.
I have my ticket for baby time!  I'll be out there for the baby coming.  Ben will be here, and the girls will drop in while I'm gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment