Monday, May 10, 2010

It's Monday!

Another Monday! There's less than three weeks of school!!! Yeah. If only the kids knew how wonderful it makes us feel to know that the school year is almost over. We love the kids, but after a few months and weeks of trying to drill all the wonderful facts into their overloaded brains - not with facts, but with boys and girls and spring break and prom and video games and...
Gretel, my little Dachshund, is jumping on me, wanting to play. She loves her little toys. She brings them to me, and I throw one, and she fetches, and I throw one, and she fetches, etc.
I am still working on the beginnings of my papers and wondering when I will be able to find some time to finish my DVD courses. I'm taking one on counseling and one on life coaching. I'm hoping to begin building up a clientele in the near future. I love counseling. My practicum and internship was spent mainly in a homeless shelter. I always wanted to work with kids - especially abused kids since my family has been through so much, and I do enjoy working with children. I also want to work with victims of domestic violence. I understand.
But, working with the homeless was really wonderful. I love helping them find a job and a new home. So many think that they have nothing to offer, and it's such a wonderful feeling when they discover that they do have a lot to offer society.
And, after working so many years at a high school, I enjoy helping my students decide on which college is best for them and what classes are best in order to be accepted at a college. I always try to tell them to have a back-up plan because we never know what curves life might throw them. How well I know that!
Well, I better get back to my brain and language learning. I have less than two weeks to get my papers written!

No comments:

Post a Comment