Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Just when you think it's safe to go in the water...

Well, I was feeling pretty good yesterday. The vice-principal called me and asked me if I wanted to do German 4, to which I replied YES! I was really happy about that as there were four students who wanted to sign up for German 4 but were told they couldn't, and I and some others had fought really hard to reinstate the class! I was planning what to do next year, what movies and other things to order, etc., and just was feeling all-around good.
Yesterday afternoon after school, after drinking and drinking (and I'm always telling my students not to use the same word over and over and over!), I went to the doctor's office to have my blood drawn since they couldn't draw it Monday after my appointment. If you stick me, do I not bleed? Well, I didn't! So, as I said, I drank and drank, and then went to have my blood drawn (4 vials - must be selling it on the black market). Today they called. I have a low folic acid level, and my rhumathoid was 239 - normal is 19, so now it's more doctors and more medicine!
Well, at least I have German IV to look forward to, and my classes at Walden, and teaching human sexuality and English in the fall at Ivy Tech, and writing two papers for my classes - which I haven't started yet!
Better go!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment