Saturday, May 1, 2010

Shopping for a wedding shower

Just returned from shopping for wedding shower things. You would think that since June is swiftly approaching that there would be plenty of nice wedding things. Not today. They were changing the location of things in the store, and wedding supplies hadn't been brought out yet.

I am putting off what I really should be doing - writing two papers for the classes that I'm taking. Biopsychology is really interesting. The brain is a wonderful thing! Cognitive psychology is also nice. Learning about learning. I am just very excited about being back in class and working toward my doctorate. Many years in the making.

A little bit about myself: I was born and raised in Indiana University's back yard. My first choice as a major was music, but it's really difficult playing the clarinet when you're can't breathe very well. I discovered when I was a sophomore at IU that I had a muscular disease (Myasthenia Gravis), and so I switched my major from music to languages. I studied German and Spanish, went to Germany for a year as a student at Middlebury College, and met my now ex-husband. I loved living in Germany and hope to go back again soon. We moved back to the States, had four children, and finally, a divorce. Now, I am back in IN, teaching at a high school and community college, and going to school. I'm also trying to learn to play the flute and the clarinet again but haven't had any lessons for a while.

I will post more later. I really need to get started on my papers which are due in 3 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment