Thursday, May 13, 2010

Spring

I hate this weather! Sinus, sinus, sinus! And, to think, spring is my favorite season.
I've been working on finding things for my German 4 class next year. They want to do movies and fairy tales and history. This should be a fun year. I've got to get my lesson plans for this class - a combined German 2, 3, 4 class due to necessity - done, so I plan on getting things together this summer. I'll put the plans in a notebook, then pull them out as needed and put them in large envelopes for the kids. I may do that for all the kids, so they can work independently while I am working with another class. It reminds me of my grandmother's school - a one room school house where she taught all 8 grades simultaneously. (I hope I spelled that right!) I used to be able to spell really well, then I lost everything. Fibromyalgia can really mess up your mind.
I love my little pets. For my birthday, I treated myself to a baby iguana and teeny tiny turtles. Remember the kind they used to sell in the "dime store" with the painted backs? That's what I have. Right now, they're in a small plastic storage box, but soon they will have a wading pool all to themselves!
For Easter, I bought my mom and granddaughter a little bunny. She is so cute, and she has brought both of them a lot of happiness in the weeks since them. My mom loves animals as she grew up on a farm. I wish we could find a small farm where we wouldn't be too far away from the hospital but would have enough acreage and buildings to house our pony. Right now, I am spending a fortune every month "storing" him at a stable. I really miss him, and he's getting old, and I would love to have him handy so that my granddaughter and soon-to-be grandson could enjoy him! He's a very sweet pony (and his name is the same as my little grandson's!).
Well, I've rested enough, so I guess I'd better close this blog and get started on more reading for my homework and getting my paper stuff together.
Hope your day is a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment