Friday, May 14, 2010

It's Friday!!!!!

I can't believe it's finally here: I wait for Friday all week. I feel bad about it - like a friend at work told me a few months ago: we're wishing our lives away. I guess that's true, and it seems like I have been doing this for so long. Waiting for court decisions, waiting to find the kids, waiting for them to grow up, so they wouldn't have to go any more. At the same time, I didn't want them to grow up, but we had to in order to get away. We paid a great price. I lost my dad who wouldn't have had the first heart attack if he hadn't been under so much stress; but they paid with their lives, too, by never being who they started out to be. The potential to be who they were.
I can't believe that I went from so happy to so sad. I guess that is just the way that things are when you've been through as much as we have.
Today was a good day. Kids brought in their bonus food today. There was birthday cake from a first period student - 17 yesterday, and then brownies for a girl in my second period class whose birthday is tomorrow. Then in third period, there were potato pancakes and noodle pudding - that's what I had for lunch! Thankfully a couple of periods passed without food, and then in the last period, there were two different kinds of snickerdoodles and German pancakes - talk about a sugar overload!
Then I come home. I swear, the paranoia has increased. It used to be just that my ex had entered the home and taken her things. (As in the things that were stolen from the nursing home - and she used to realize that they were taken there - to he's in our home every time we leave. He came in on Mother's Day - she set a trap for him.) Now, today, she's sure that the neighbors are involved as our neighbor has a ladder in our tree. One of our branches broke last week, and for some reason, our neighbor put a ladder in our tree! Now she's sure that he was up there putting another bug in the tree.
Well, at least it's Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment