Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Copper

I am so sad. Copper didn't survive his injuries. It is just about unbearable. This year has been so bad anyway, and now this. I just feel like I should have done this... or that. I know that you can't second guess and that hindsight is better, but I'm just at the point where something like this is just so hard. I really loved that little dog, and I was so sure that he was going to make it, and then he didn't. I don't know how I'm going to clean out his little man cave under the dining room table or take his little bed out from under the end table in the living room.
I will miss him being under my bed and coming to get me up in the morning to let him out. He was an annoying little dog, but he was so sweet, too. It just wasn't right that it should end so.
Copper, I love you and will miss you. I will see you again because I'm sure there's heaven for you, too.

1 comment:

  1. Copper loved you too. He knows you were there for him through his surgery, he knows you took care of him, he knows you were the one who would cuddle with him, he knew he was loved. I miss him too but we will both see him again, all dogs go to heaven. =)

    ReplyDelete