Thursday, July 15, 2010

Homework and more homework

I just finished my homework for my Psychology and Social Change class. It was interesting trying to fit my topic - campus rape and dating violence - into sustainability of the enviornment. I can't believe that after all these years I'm finally pursuing the dream of completing my master's in mental health counseling and beginning my PhD in psychology. I have wanted to get a PhD since my 20's and decided on counseling a few years later. Unfortunately, an unhappy (to say the least) marriage, and a horrible divorce prevented my returning to school.
I was lucky enough to get a job teaching, but I couldn't get counseling, and hopefully helping others, out of my mind. I guess that counseling is a calling, for when I began my practicum, I felt like this was what I was meant to do. I finally understood the idea that if you're work is something you love, then it is not work.
I enjoyed working at the homeless shelter so much, and I miss the people there. I wish I could continue working there, but I can't afford to at the moment. I learned so much about people and what they have to endure. I wish that I had money! I would love to be able to help them out.
Well, I am so tired and not making sense, so I'd better close for now. Tomorrow will be a busy day. Housework, taking caring of Copper, getting things for mom, working on my paper and syllabus, and can't forget the lesson plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment