Monday, July 26, 2010

Copper's been gone a week, today

Copper's been gone a week today. I still expect him to come home! Everyone misses him so much. Callie waits at the top of the porch stairs for him and often just wants to turn around and come back without him. Gretel goes through the house and barks when she smells his scent. This morning, she jumped at the bathtub and started barking - and barking and barking. She barked all morning. She also went into my room to sniff around and bark a little. I hope it gets better soon. This has been a miserable year.
I've felt so bad, and we were ripped off by Gary to the tune of over $300 dollars. It's just been so difficult adjusting to new medicines and being so tired. Then Rhea Dawn dying on Easter Sunday like she did was just awful. But I had to keep on - work, work, and more work.
The wedding was beautiful, but stressful, and then my money disappearing like that just when we needed it the most. I just don't understand how that happened. Going from extra to a big negative was quite a shock.
All the things that I have to do at home is so overwhelming, and now this! The puppies have been like my children, and now Copper is gone, and I miss his quirky sense of humor. He was so funny and happy. He didn't deserve to go like that. I don't know why he would go like that - especially that day as it was so hot, and he always stayed close when it was hot.
So, for nearly two weeks, I've worried and mourned. It's difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment