Friday, July 2, 2010

Day Tripping

Yesterday was a great day. My daughter, her new husband, my new grandson, and my mom went to Lawrence County and visited Blue Springs Cavern. I didn't go this time, so Mom and I sat on the porch enjoying the breeze. They had a good time; matter of fact, the son-in-law is interested in working there, so he can go into the cave and explore - something only the employees can do.
After that, we drove to Montgomery and ate at the Amish restaurant there. We drove out for a while into the countryside, so that J-boy could see buggies and such. We also did a little shopping, and I was able to pick up a few Christmas presents. Christmas, you say? With my financial and time budget, I have to start early.
At any rate, it was a beautiful day - my favorite type of summer day, not too hot and a great breeze coming through the trees!
After I got home, my youngest was waiting for me to pick up a dress for her to wear to her boyfriend's wedding. I left my ID and cards in the car, so we had to come home. I gave her the card to go back, and I went in to do my homework. I did more homework, today and have a mini-paper due Sunday, and I still have to read some articles for that, plus work on my lesson plans for the high school, plus my new class for the community college, and write a paper for my social change class, and do a few more mini-papers for my teaching psychology class. PLUS, I need to clean house and get all the girls' things out of my new rooms!
Guess I'd better get busy!!
Hope you day has been as good as mine have been lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment