Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The end is getting closer and closer and closer...

I'm so excited! I want to try what I've wanted to do for years but wasn't allowed. "Get out and get a job, or we'll take your kids away!" Gotta love Monroe County. You jump through all the hoops, and they take your kids, your money, your self-esteem anyway. It's amazing how much happier I feel even though I may be living in a tent behind Marsh in a few months. I went from one abuser to another. Unbelievable how low someone can make you feel. I don't believe in the "sticks and stones can break your bones, but words can never hurt you" line. Words can kill you - or make you wish you were dead. No more!
I have had a couple of job interview, but they didn't pan out. I don't want to work someplace exclusively for low pay (less than what I was offered there 3 years ago without the degree) and long hours. The other place hired someone else, but that was okay with me. It made me feel uncomfortable. I'd like to life coach and tutor. I'd also like to do some speaking as I've had several life experiences that might be interesting to others. I will be giving a couple of speeches at a conference in Indianapolis in November (I can't believe that both my topics were chosen), so I have a lot of work to do this summer to get things ready for that: learning to download movie and tv selections on the computer, creating presentations on the computer - where's my powerpoint?, and getting the little tool (I'm so computer literate) that means that I can project my computer screen onto the big slide on the wall. I'm gathering material. Now I just have to read it, organize it, write out the speech, write the handouts and presentation, and practice. Not much.
Better get going. I want to post on my other blog and work on some things for the Etsy.
Have a wonderful tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment