Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Only 2 more Tuesdays

Then school will be out for the summer! And much longer for me.
I have a lot to do this summer to get ready for the ISCA Conference. I'm very excited about it and want to get all the information together. I need to look up statistics. I've found several articles, movies, and TV shows dealing with the topics of teen dating violence and cyberbullying. Actually, my topic is "Texting, Sexting, and Cyberbullying." I just don't understand why kids will do some of the things that they do: like solicite sex with the use of a cell phone or literally bully someone to death. I'd like to include a clip from a CSI: Miami that dealt with bullying. A girl was bullying her classmates in just about any way possible, and she ended up getting stoned - by the parents of her classmates. Very sad.
My first two classes of the day are awfully bad to bully others. I've spent a lot of time explaining what bullying is and for them to stop, but without backup from the administration, not as much can be done. The problem is that the administrators know these kids and don't think that they can act that way. They can. When we stick our heads in the sand, we allow the cycles to continue. People aren't always what they appear to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment