Monday, May 2, 2011

Another rainy Monday

I think I'm going to build an ark. I don't know how long it's been raining now, but it does seem like close to 40 days. Do you think we might be having another message from God?
Speaking of God and rain, the other day when I was returning from a job interview in Evansville (no, I didn't take it - too many restrictions, like not as much pay as they were offering 3 years ago, they hire a lot in this area - translation: no one stays at the job because it's so poor, and I wouldn't be able to work anywhere else as it's a conflict of interest.)
Counting down the days! My second period class really makes retirement look good even if I end up living in a box down by the creek! They are so obnoxious, but they don't even bother doing anything about them - those are good boys! And they're going to grow up to be rapists and criminals as they are not checked now. There are so many children like that down there who are turning into monsters as the parents are friends with the administrators. Nice, huh?
In this vein; I wish that students would learn to take responsibility for themselves. It is the last week of classes, and I have one student who hasn't turned in anything; 2 students who have turned in paper each; and many who have attended enough to get any points for attendance - we start with 100 which counts for 20% of the grade. You're allowed 2 misses (one evening for us), and there are several students who either don't come - 2 classes, or leave after the break - 1 class. Subtract 15 points after the 2 misses, and ...
Well, it's not MY grade!
Guess I'd better be closing. I opened an Etsy shop today, and I want to start a blog about that, so I'm getting off of here for now.
Monday's down!

No comments:

Post a Comment