Monday, May 16, 2011

Monday, Monday

Alright, so I'm a little older - I listen to classic radio every day. I can still understand some of the things going on in today's society. And, to make me even dweebier, I love classical music, too; not just rock, but Bach! That's the kind of music that dreams (for me) are made of.
This has been a different spring; last week, we had nearly 90 degree weather, and this week, the weather is in the 50's with lows in the 30's! That's spring in Indiana. As the old saying goes, just wait,, and the weather will change.
I need to buy a remote for my computer, so that I can present some power point presentations. I'm supposed to give 2 presentations in November at a conference in Indianapolis. One is on cyberbullying, and the other is on teen dating violence. I'm a little nervous, and will be even more as the time draws closer, but these are topics that are near and dear to me - watching teens in relationships for 20 years plus have made me very aware of the difficulties that they face. We live in such a violent society; we need to be winners - or loosers. Even "teasing" among students has such a negative effect. We need to be aware of this, and change, and help others to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment